I am a writer, content manager, and copyeditor from Oklahoma City. I am at my best in productive and deadline driven environments. Currently, I am working to earn my master’s degree in social work.
Bachelor’s Degree – Mass Communication/Sociology
Associate Publications Editor – The Martial Arts Industry Association
April 2014 – present
Planning and executing marketing and advertising campaigns to increase awareness and membership. Creating and editing marketing pieces including Success Kits, newsletters, emails, and the MASuccess magazine.
• Writing, editing and directing traffic for maSuccess magazine as Internal Publications Editor
• Creating, proofing and directing traffic for all MAIA multimedia projects (online, print, and social)
• Pairing content management strategies with multimedia assets
• Managing social accounts for the Martial Arts Industry Association and its events
Knowledge Management Communications Specialist – Devon Energy
October 2012 – April 2014
Creating documentation of procedures, intranet features, and best practices. Solving knowledge sharing problems and providing creative and engaging programs to incentivize participation.
• Writing and designing inventive, expressive visual aids
• Providing professional and engaging representation of department
• Training and assisting leaders, executives, and peers in learning new online environments
News Intern – Clear Channel Radio
Completed full production of on-air packages; including concept, editing, and voicing. Provided office and field support to other reporters, and interacted with public officials, corporate representatives, and other media members.
• Writing, researching, and voicing packages for broadcast
• Interviewing key figures for on-air stories
• Produced developing stories during location assignments